Hotel Linen Care
Care Instructions for Hotel Linen
A few tipps for long livinig hotel linen
- To ensure that your hotel linen are is correctly washed in the machine and to obtain the best possible results please read the following washing instructions:
- New hotel linen products should be washed before use with a mild detergent in cool or lukewarm water (30°C/86°F).
- Exeption: duvet, comforters, quilts and pillows do not have to be washed before use but only when.
- Duvet covers and pillowcases should always be washed inside out.
- Do not overload the washing machine to avoid wash stripes and too many creases.
- Using a tumble dryer results in more creases than allowing linen to dry naturally on a washing line.
- To minimize creasing when using a tumble dryer, do not overload and do not allow to overdry.
- Linen should be removed from the washing machine or tumble dryer immediately after the last cycle and not be left in the machine for any length of time.
- Drying in bright sunlight for extended periods of time may result in colours fading.
- Ironing is best done when the fabric is still slightly damp.
- Wash linen at a maximum of 40°C/104°F in the main wash or in a gentle shorter programme. Opt for a programme with a long rinse cycle such as the wool programme, to make sure that any excess detergent is washed out.
- It is preferable to use a detergent specially designed for coloured wash (without bleach) to avoid wash stripes and fading of colours.
- Never use chlorine bleach on . Bleach weakens the fibres of the fabric and will strip out the colour of the white fabric. Instead, try specially designed stain removers to brighten whites or remove stains.
- Tumbler: Do not use high temperatures. Excessive heat damages the yarn and its natural feel of softness. It also causes the fabric to shrink too much.
- Beware of detergents that contain optical brighteners as these can cause fading over time in darker colours.
- Be careful with body lotions, facial creams, hair products and certain soaps. Some contain chemicals that act just like bleach, and will fade colours and/or leave light stains.
Mussner is following European Care Labeling. The textile care labeling symbols are indicating the maximum temperatures. A Mussner Hotel Linen Productes are provided with the Care Label Symbols: